Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Expected April 2021
DigiPen Institute of Technology
|APIs and Frameworks|
|Unreal Engine (familiar)|
Audio R&D Intern
June 2020 - Sept 2020
Qualcomm, Multimedia R&D Team - Redmond, Washington (Remote)
- Researched methods of minimizing audio motion latency in interactive experiences to provide a more enjoyable and responsive experience for the listener.
- Prototyped new spatial audio streaming technologies to bring high-quality immersive audio experiences to a wider consumer audience.
Audio Programming Intern
May 2019 - Aug 2019
Tsugi Studio - Niigata, Japan
- Built an application in C# to dynamically generate and compile C++ software for 3 different platforms.
- Optimized C++ DSP Code to achieve a performance increase of ~4900% via Data Oriented Design and SIMD assembly intrinsics.
- Ported C# DSP objects into C++.
- Wrote a C/C++ Fast Fourier Transform capable of using a 4096-byte window in real-time.
Academic Game Projects
September 2020 - Present
Aster (Work in Progress) - Team Size: 6
- Developing a Spell Crafting and Combat Game built in Unreal Engine 4 focused on making players feel like a powerful Mage.
- Prototyped a basic Spell interface that helps the team quickly create new and interesting spells.
- Designing a Spell Crafting System implementation that lets players combine spell components to create a variety of unique spells.
Gameplay Programmer | Technical Director
September 2018 - April 2019
Higher Power - Team Size: 7
- Built a VR God Game for the Oculus Rift using Unreal Engine 4.
- Designed and Programmed a C++ Temperature System to provide new and exciting emergent gameplay experiences for our players
- Implemented a Blueprint Wrapper around the Temperature System to help designers quickly tweek and modify the underlying logic.
- Ensured that code quality adhered to style and performance standards by using an Unreal Style Guide.
Core Engine Programmer | Tools Programmer
Sept 2017 - April 2018
Contingency - Team Size: 7
- Created a Custom 2D Game Engine in C++ and OpenGL with a user-friendly API.
- Architected and Implemented a component system for dynamic Game Object Creation to allow for robost and rapid prototyping.
- Designed and Built a scene and game object editor using ImGUI to allow our Game Designers to work in-engine with no programming required.
Audio Programming Projects
March 2019 - May 2019
- Learned the fundementals of the JUCE Audio C++ API
- Implemented an effecient system capable of running 10 large grain clouds simultaniously in real-time.
- Architected a randomization system for a grain’s start/stop positions to create unique sound textures.
September 2018 - December 2018
- Researched HRTF filter design and architecture to gain experience with spatialization DSP.
- Developed a custom time-domain HRTF plugin in C++ capable of spatializing ~100 concurrent audio sources to allow for creation of more immersive player experiences
- Learned the inner workings of the Wwise Plugin API to expand my understanding of Wwise and it’s API ecosystem.
Jan 2017 - May 2017
Course: Introduction to Audio Programming (ECE101L)
- Programmed an ARM Microcontroller to be an Additive MIDI Synthesizer.
- Designed a system to parse and understand MIDI Commands in real-time.
- Gained Experienced with Q-Format Integer Math
Teacher’s Assistant - Introduction to Audio Programming (ECE101L)
Jan 2018 - Present
- Mentored over 40 students on the fundementals of audio programming.
- Taught students how to build an Additive MIDI Synthesizer on an ARM microcontroller.
- Graded programming assignments based on high-quality code via style and performance metrics.